Tuesday, July 1, 2008

SIGH....

So, I knew I needed to update with a post, but I have not much news or excitement to share. Not even any photos. I'm hoping that my creative/energetic spirit kicks in. Like real soon would be good.
I missed my weigh in last night~sigh~but I know that I am probably the same as last week. If there was a loss it was ounces. I know I haven't gained, but my losses are SLOWING way down~sigh~and I need them to get kicked in gear and maybe the rest will follow. Waiting in sheer anxiety to hear about a design team call that I have tried for~sigh~and I really FEEL like creating, but I go to my desk and then look at stuff and walk away~sigh~.
So, here's hoping tomorrow is a much more productive day. It will be starting with my 7am walk, so maybe~just maybe~it will start off GOOD!!!!
Thanks for reading my uneventful post and I promise the next will be MUCH better!!!!!

5 comments:

iris said...

Oh Brooke that was not really an uneventful post. Hugs to you my friend. We all go through these things. I myself am in a creative rut now. Life just gets crazy sometimes. Don't worry about your hitting a slow down on loosing weight. This really happens. Try changing your work-up a bit to challenge your muscles. Your body is getting used to your exercise routine so you have to shock your system again. LOL! Good luck on your DT application. No matter what, remember that you are a very creative person and DTs are a bonus. Just keep creating ok. You will get your mojo back. Love you!

Murphy's Law said...

dang chickie. you need a smack to get you outta your funk. consider yourself smacked. bwahahaha!!!

Renee Lamb said...

I'm with Lynn...Ya know, I'm in a slump too but MADE myself sit there until I created SOMETHING. Just start reaching for stuff - it'll come together. ;) ok and now onto another @$$ whoopin' - be glad in your weight accomplishment thus far. Even if the weight loss is slowing - it's still LOSING. Celebrate THAT. Now with that being said - you are BOUND to hit a plateau so that's where YOU have to outsmart YOUR BODY. How? go an extra mile on your walk - do increments - walk, run, walk, run...EAT SOMETHING different. Eat more of the CORE foods but stay on the Flex plan. I found that eating more of the Core foods when I'm trying to bust through the plateau helps because you don't realize how much of the SAME foods you eat on the Flex. But I can't go 100% core plan cause my fullness gauge is when the button flies off my pants - wink. SO GET OUT OF YOUR SLUMP - GO CREATE SOMETHING and go on an extra long walk - YOU WILL feel great - and please don't make come to Florida and smack you - I don't want to go to jail from road rage from having to drive there ;) - ha ha ha!

Sharla said...

Ah,Brooke thanks for the comment. I know it's crazy to think that we'll ever get out of a rut once we are there, but.....the only other choice is to stay there. That's no fun. Believe me,I have to tell myself that EVERY day ;)

We all get a little funky, a little off center...and that is ok. It's just that we don't stay there for too long. KWIM??? I know ya'll do. It's ok to take a time out..just do nothing for awhile, sometimes that helps bring everything back into perspective...

Ok, im just rambling now. Hope you know that my great "words of wisdom" (LOL) was more for myself, but if it helped at all..then good!

Renee Lamb said...

hey hun!! how ya holding up???? checkin' in on ya....:D hugs :D :D