Friday, May 23, 2008

Been thinking lately...

About lots of things. How blessed I am, my family is. Thinking about where I want to go with my life. Thinking about what I have done with my life since I stopped working full time to raise my son. Just taking a lot of things in and wondering where I will be in the next year. I have enjoyed being home to raise my son, but he'll be seven soon and I feel like I want to get back out and work with people. I really like working with people and with the public. I like to think I am helping in some small way in people's day to day. Sounds kind of silly, but I really like it. And I'm not even really an outgoing person either. But I take pride in any job that I take on and become totally immersed in it.
I've been thinking about people who have been in my life, a lot lately, too. Some have come and some have gone. Sometimes I think I try to hard to be nice to people. I think there are people that just don't want anyone to care about them. I guess because people like that really don't care much about themselves. I've been thinking why are they like this? Why can't people just be nice? Is is such a hard thing? Apparently it is for some. These type of people seem to latch on to anything that comes along and go for the ride until they're through using them and discard them like anything except another human being who has feelings. I just don't get it. It really bugs me and I can't seem to let it go.
And then there are those people that I know God put in my life as a true friend. Someone that you just know wouldn't hate you if you made a mistake or couldn't ever forgive you. The kind that doesn't judge you. A TRUE friend would never hold things over your head or take something you've said and put it into context that suited them. You could have them over at your house without feeling they were better than you and find faults. That realize we are all different. They would take an apology as just that. Not condemn you for being imperfect. I have been blessed with a friend like that and it's been so long to have someone I feel like I can really trust. It's such a good feeling. Sometimes the person you think is your friend isn't and the one who may have been off in the background is who God has put in your life instead.
Well, I've probably rambled enough. People just never seem to amaze me. Wouldn't this world be so much better if people quit making excuses and just did what was right? Now thats something to think about.

6 comments:

iris said...

Brooke your entry here is very open and honest. Certainly something that we should think about.

Murphy's Law said...

Wow. 'nuf said.

Heather said...

I definitely agree! ;) Thank you so much for your kind comments! I love your layout slideshow- you are inspired!!! :) It shows!!! I think I'll have to bookmark you- your blog is cute. So the crater huh? I will have to look into that! hmmmmmmmm hahahaha!

Heather said...

I completely agree! ;) Thank you so much for your kind comments; Ill have to try that new distresser out! :) I love your layout slideshow- you are definitely inspired ;) it shows! :)

iris said...

Thanks for your greetings Brooke! It really means a lot to me!:)

Anonymous said...

I agree Brooke. There are few that come into our lives that mean good but it sure does make life great when we find the keepers. I am one of those people pleasers too. A good/bad thing I guess. Hugs to ya girl..you are truly a great inspiration and I love the openess on this post.