Tuesday, June 10, 2008

iPOD Junkies....



That is so not the term that you would expect to hear in any description of my husband. Now, it's not that he isn't cool or anything like that, but let's just say that those of you who know him, also know that hearing that he even has an iPOD much less is addicted to the stupid thing is wacked. For those of you that don't know him, he is about as country boy as they come and would rather the world still have dirt roads and horse and buggies. Seriously. EVERY single time I mention the word iPOD and my DH having one, the person says, "Sylvester has an iPOD". Every time!

But he wanted an iPOD and I bought him one and now I am sentenced to atleast an hour a night to importing his favorite cd's into the thing. He HAD to have the 80GB so it could hold more. 20,000 songs more!! He will NEVER put that many songs on the thing. But he has the room if he ever wants to. Whatever.
For the past couple of nights, Ross has been getting his fix of the addiction as well. It's actually quite cute to see the two of them. Each one has an earphone and Ross loves to listen to the old Ray Stevens comedy songs. (I warned you my husband was a redneck). But anyhoo, Ross loves the one song 'It's Me Again, Margaret'. HE just thinks it is the funniest thing. And they both sit there and laugh at the same parts of the song. It really is hysterical!! Just for these moments, the iPOD was worth EVERY penny.
Well, I didn't make it to weigh in this week due to bad storms that hit right at meeting time, but I can tell you I stayed the same as last week, but it's that time of the month so I can't expect to much. KWIM? And coming off a 4.2lb loss last week, I can't be dissapointed either. Next week will be better. The bloat will be gone.
Hope you have a great week. Enjoy the summer. We sure are.

2 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

snort. sl has an ipod??? bwahahahaha!!! actually chickie you need to get one. they totally rock. like for sure. snort.

Renee Lamb said...

ok...I have dr. pepper coming out of my nose right now! you made me laugh so hard! I can soooo relate to the redneck thing expect I AM the redneck....ha ha ha ha...my DH finally got me one (a pink one and one of the smaller ones) finally and ya, know...I am addicted to the stupid thing too. I now want the 80GB one!! GO FIGURE ;) - I agree you need a pink one now too :D