Sunday, June 1, 2008

Perfect end...

...to a busy week! Whew. I'm tired. Ross' last week of school was a busy one, but a fun one all the same. After the long holiday weekend, he went back and I finished helping Sylvester tie up some loose ends with the boat. On Thursday, Ross' class had a beach party and we had a blast! Ross LOVES the beach and the water! And mix in all his buddies and you have a party!! We had a great time.

On Friday, his classs had a half day and they celebrated the kids who had birthadys over the summer. Add some food in a mix of hyper kids who know they have four hours left of first grade, and you get a....headache. No, seriously, it was fun. So nice to see them all so happy. I of course got some cute pictures. This one is Ross with his buddy Damien and his sweetness Amanda. I love that they have all known each other since pre-school and are growing up together. That they are all growig in Christ and can pray together and learn the good things in life as well as get an outstanding education. For this, I am so blessed and so thankful. I have watched Ross and his friends grow and become close. He has some friends have to move away and has made some new ones along the way, but there are pretty much the same kids that are growing up together and it is awesome to see them be able to have that opportunity in a society where most kids are pushed through a system and hopefully learned the bare mininmum to move on. On top of his relationships he's building with God and his friends, he is receiving top-notch education. Again, I am SO thankful.


After the couple of days of fun, this is how Ross ended up Friday night. Fell asleep right where he sat watching a movie he had been waiting to come on t.v. Sound asleep. Oh, to be able to sleep so sound.
And last night we had our pictures done by a very good friend who had done a shoot for us before Ross was born and let me tell ya, he is amazing. You can check out his work here http://www.readphotography.com/. He is AMAZING! And a true friend. He took some shots that I get heart wrenched just looking at. It was an incredible end to a great week. I even caught a tarpon this week on top of every thing else! The photo shoot was the cherry on top though. It was something I will always remember and will have the memories to treausre on my walls and scrapbooks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

um HOLY COW to that Tarpon! that fish is so rad!! congrats and those are some great shots!
I love your pics of Rosswith his friends at the beach - he looks like he's having so much fun and that is really cool he is building last friendships. He will cherish that for years and years. I love the pic of him tuckered out on the sofa...such tender times to see them so sound asleep...although, it amazes how kids can fall asleep in the positions they do and not wake up with cramps in their body...LOL..oh what age does to a person. blech. Have a great Monday and good luck with the weigh in! I go tomorrow and I don't think it'll be good. Didn't have my act together this week! oh well! hugs -renee lamb