Saturday, June 7, 2008

Lazy days...

...of summer have begun. Although I still get up early to walk. Starting at 7am these days to try and beat the heat. We had a family day today that was nice being together. Really nice. It's till up in the air what we're doing tomorrow. Maybe a bit of shopping~for DH~which means boring tool shopping}insert eyeroll.

We're still debating what we're going to do for our family vaca. We have a cabin reserved for August in the Keys to go lobstering, but we are seriously considering getting our money back because of the price of gas. We just figure we could make some really nice memories for the $ we'd be filling up the boat and truck with. I am still voting for the Keys. I've been looking forward to it. But, reality bites. Gas is ridiculous. We're not making any hasty decisions. We have plenty of time to decide. I'm crossing my fingers for the Keys.

I think I'm going to stay up and scrap tonight. I feel a bit of my mojo. I have a LO started I need to finish and move on. My blogging pal Renee has a fun challenge goin' on and I think I may join in. Go check it out here http://reneelamb.wordpress.com/.

Hope you have a happy weekend. Make it a scrappy one!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are such an inspiration to get up that early to go walk. I need to get moving like that too. Hopefully y'all will still be able to hit the Keys but man, I hear ya about the gas thing. I think I just need to start signing my paycheck over to the Shell station..well them and Hobby Lobby :D - anyhoo - so glad you are going to play along in the challenge!! and you made me laugh about the comment you left on my blog - I think you're right - I may just leave it all for DH so I don't have to take down any more green eyed monsters - and if y'all have COCKROACHES bigger than that and they fly - well, that just ain't right either. GRRROOOOSSS! hugs girl and good luck to you tomorrow!!

Murphy's Law said...

woo hooo hope you guys had fun! hope the gas prices go down so you can play at the keys. i know you've been really lookin forward to it.

Sharla said...

Wow Brooke, congrats on the weight loss! Man that is something I'm just struggling with. It's very motivating though to hear other people's success, so thanks for sharing.

Good luck with your vacation plans, whatever or where ever they may be...have fun!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! checkin' in on ya to see if I should be celebrating with a carrot stick or sharing a pint of Haagen' Daaz - ROFL! hugs - renee

{Hilary} said...

A vaction in the keys sounds awesome. I have not seen or been to a ocean/beach in over five years.
My friend Kari and I are scrappin on Saturday.
I can't wait.