Sunday, June 15, 2008

Not so Happy Father's day...


...for many of us in our family. This is the first Father's Day without my gramp and my mom's dad. He was a father to me and my siblings because ours refused to be one. He was the strength and backbome for many of us and he is SO missed. We love you Gramp and it's not the same down here, but I'm sure heaven is a singin', happier place with you there.
We are celebrating the day with my hubby and Ross. Celebrating what we are thankful for and we are so grateful that he is such a good daddy. He really is. Ross is his whole world.
Hope you enjoy the day with your father-no matter who may play that role. And for those of us remembering ours, be thankful we had them and for the diffrence they made in our lives.

1 comment:

Renee Lamb said...

Amen girl. If my arms could reach, I would give you a great big bear hug right now but an online will have to do {{{hugs}}}. I know what it's like to have a Grandfather be a Dad. My dad wasn't part of my life either so I really sympathize. I am glad you had an overall good day celebrating with your hubby and Ross. BIG HUGS!!! xoxoxoxoxo