Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Like the energizer bunny...

I keep going and going and....well you know. I lost another 1.2lbs this week~woohoo!!!! I'm at an even 44 now!! Some days it really seems like this journey is dragging. I've found that some days I feel SO fat and find myself getting discouraged easily. This is the first time I've had this happen since I started WW. I've had down days, but I have really found that I am having to encourage myself more. Not sure why this is. I feel better, I'm going down clothes sizes steadily, yet I just feel like I'm not doing all I can. This has mainly been an issue for the last couple of weeks. Not really sure what triggered it, I just know that it has affected my mind set some. I don't feel discouraged in the sense that I want to give up, but more so that I'm not doing my best. Truth be known, I'm probably not. I am still walking atleast 3~4 times a week, but have dropped off from exercising as much while at home mainly because Ross is out of school. I tell myself that this is not a valid excuse, but it's just that this is the way it rolls on a daily basis. Sheesh. Oh well. Just a hurdle I must get over. This is a constant war and new battles seem to imerge from no where. Part of my problem, I think, is that I have SO much more to lose!! I need to stop thinking about that and just moving forward. My pal Lynn made a very good point at our meeting last night. I'm a lot closer to my goal than I was, even if it is still a ways off. Thanks, Lynn. That helped me more than you know. I'm so glad I have some real friends supporting me. I know that I could NOT do this without them!!!!

2 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

do NOT make me smack you. lol!!! you are whippin right through this lifestyle thing. you are losing POUNDS sistah!!!! keep on rollin!

Renee Lamb said...

ok..first off - big hugs to you! You are doing a fabulous job and you know...we can be model thin and still have those fat days. DO NOT let those falter your motivation and the hard work you've done so far! Like Lynn said don't make me open my can of whoop @$$ on you! you are doing fabulous and take it in smaller goals. instead of focusing on the total number you'd like to lose- celebrate it in 5 lb increments. You'd be surprised how fast it goes then. And don't stress if it takes 4 weeks or more to lose that 5 lbs. but you are doing awesome lady! keep going! big hugs and lots of love!