Friday, April 25, 2008

Feeling yucky but blessed



Been feeling yucky the last couple of days. Bad stomach pains that resulted in NO sleep Wednesday night. I mean none. I got to catch up on rest while Ross was at school yesterday. I needed it bad.


Feeling much better today. Beau is such a good dog. He stayed right beside me all night while I was sitting on the couch hunched over. He had to lay next to the bed while I was sleeping during the day. He knew I felt bad and he showed he was worried.


He is most definitly Ross' buddy. Always has to be where ever Ross is. If he's playing on the floor, Beau has to go get his own toy and lay next to him. Of course this also results in being dressed up and made to play in games of make believe that dogs only have nightmares of. He has been a pirate, a horse, a rodeo bull, a shark , to name a few. But he never wants to be away from any of us. Such a good dog.
Just being thankful today for the things in my life. Thankful my husband has a good job. That my son is healthy, smart, happy, and so loving. Thankful that I can be home with him for now. Thankful that the economy isn't hurting our family life. Thankful for my God and the many blessings that he makes apparent to me daily. Thankful for my family and the time I get to spend with them. Thankful that WW is working for me. Thankful for LSS"s and retail therapy. Thankful for "real" friends that want to listen and I can be myself around. Thankful for life in general.
Hope you and yours are thankful for what you may take for granted. That you have a car maybe that you can put gas into even if it horribly expensive. That you're healthy enough to sit in front of this and read it and not laying in a hospital. That you can see your loved ones while others may be lonely. Think about what you are blessed with instead of how miserable you feel.

2 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

bwahahahaha poor muttling. love the retail therapy anytime you ride just gimme a holler.

The Fabulous Mrs. Shaughnessy said...

I had no idea the scrapbook would be in the shape of a bird!! How utterly charming -- you are pulling me into scrapbooking slowly but surely. And thanks for the reminder about being thankful. We are surely blessed by lots of little things that we take for granted. Blessings to you and yours...