Sunday, April 13, 2008

Life lessons


We were going to go to the cemetery today, but some things came up and we won't be able to go. I was looking forward to going. We haven't been there since my grandpa died last year in October. Saturday would have been his birthday and my grandparents 66th anniversary. Can you imagine 66 years? I know there are so many things that I could learn from their marriage. They didn't have a perfect one, but my grandpa lived to make my gram happy. He did whatever he could (even though she was an unhappy person most of her life ) to try and make her happy. He loved her SO much. So, I try to practice the same love in my own marriage. A lot of times I may not want to do things, but I do it just the same. Sometimes I can see his thankfulness, but most of the time it goes unseen. But I can try. A lot of wives have their husbands in the war or their work takes them away from their family. I need to stop and look at what I'm blessed with instead of complain.
My husband is a great daddy. He has been teaching Ross to cast his own line. He's been doing pretty good. You can see in this picture that he can hold the line and flip the bail and cast all by his self. He's still working on not reeling the line in to close to the rod tip. They went in the boat yesterday and practiced with a bait and he did really quite good. I am BEYOND thankful he's a great daddy. I never had one.
So, I've been scrapping lately and have some big goals set. Wish me luck. My passion has been set free after being choked for to long. Gonna get some things done this week while visiting with my auntie. She looks fabulous! I hope I got those genes and will look that good in my sixties!
Tomorrow is weigh in at WW. Been walking a lot this week, so hopefully it will be good news. I haven't had a gain yet and I don't want one! Yikes.
Have a great week! Hope you think about life lessons you should be studying a bit more.

No comments: