Sunday, April 6, 2008

Shy....



...little violets??? I think not! Mine are blooming proof that spring is definitly in the air. Love my violets! They are one of my "happy" things. And they make dishwashing a lot less mundane.LOL! They fill the entire length of my kitchen window. Everyone says that they are one of the hardest things to grow, but I don't have to even really try. I can't grow ANYTHING else. I think they are just in a happy, perfect spot. My mom says my great-grandma would be proud of my violets. She said that she always had them growing in her house. Mine are all different varieties, and colors. Love finding different kinds whenever I'm out. I never knew how many different kinds that there were. The one in this photo was actually one I found on the clearance rack, overwatered, and droopy. But the blooms were so different, so I nursed it back and it's re-bloomed three times since.

Hope that you had a happy weekend. Take time to look around and take in the new spring life around you. It might just be what you need to pick you up!!

1 comment:

Murphy's Law said...

oooooooooooo and i so can't wait to see the acrylic book you are doing of them. tapping toe impatiently. lol!